Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Fourth Of July



Its a holiday in the States right now and since yesterday, we're receiving less calls. I mean yesterday, the entire 8 hours that I was on the floor, I only received 5 calls. One of which is the guest I was talking to earlier wherein I had to forward the issue to Level 2 because I knew I did everything except flushing our own firewall. And eventually Brandy did flush the firewall but the guest still wasn't able to connect. I had a feeling that it was her browser because, when I tried to assign her a proxy server, we couldn't open her internet options for her Internet Explorer. She's really nice and patient and with our conversation, I learned that she was a professor in University of California in Irvine. The issue reached our Network Operations Center and went back to level2. Unfortunately, that issue was unresolved because she still wasn't able to pull up a webpage.


And so now I have plenty of time to blog...


Anyway enough about work...



I went to the doctor again because my mom wants me to go. I recently had shortness of breathe. And it kinda started when I began using the Flixotide nasal spray. I read my brother's PIMs to look for adverse effects and it doesn't complicated asthma but cure it. The doctor said that its an anti-allergy meds and it shouldn't be a cause of the my breathing problems. So she had me go to another doctor which I then realized was a cardiovascular resident. He checked my blood pressure and he said it was normal, listened to my lungs and said it was clear and finally listened to my heart and he said he didn't hear any wheezing sound. He said he didn't see anything wrong with me. He said maybe its just an effect of the nasal spray and that it would somehow be gone when I end my medication by next month. He also requested to have my heart undergo 2 DECHO doppler, in other words ultrasound of the heart. I went back to my original doctor to get an approval of the 2 DECHO and she said I'll just call the secretary today because she still needs to check since the exam would cost P2,500 and our medicard only caters upto P1,000.

I realized in spite of having sat in the doctor's office for about an hour and a half just waiting for the doctor to be in, didn't put me in a bad mood. I mean, there are times, well most of the time, I don't mind waiting. I mean if you think about it, if you're the one who needs something, then it shouldn't be problem to wait. Me? If I badly needed it, I would not mind waiting up to 2 hours. My eyes would barely open while waiting. Good thing, 3 of my officemates were there. We chatted fot quite sometimes up until I had to get inside the doctor's office.

The first jeepney ride home (coz I had to take 2 jeepneys) was even more interesting when I saw my Tita Rena (my ex's mom). She was looking fabulous as ever, with her beautiful smile and enchanting aura. She was with her youngest, AJ whom I haven't seen for 3 years now. All her kids are handsome and pretty. She said Kane (my ex) already has 2 kids. And he's going to school now taking up food technology. Tita said he's going to teach after a year. Wow, Kane the once so disturbed boy suddenly turned father is now planning to teach. I sat there for a minute or two, silently imagining Kane teaching. Then I told Tita, "So Kane finally found what his interests lie!" And she laughed and said "Yes, thank God!". As far as I could remember Kane, aside from the good looks and notorious reputation, he was a good friend of mine. We were playmates turned enemies. The next summer we realized we liked each other and the summer after that I broke off with him coz he was seeing another girl (nope not the mother of his kids). It took me almost 1 year and a half to get over him and finally moved on to liking another guy. It was kid stuff. I was taken by the tingles when he held my hand or kissed my cheek during the 18th birthday of my cousin. When I graduated high school and started going to USC-TC, I realized I was better off with out him. HE WAS NOT MY DESTINY!

I said goodbye to my Tita coz they had to get off before USC-main. They moved again. Its like the 3rd time they moved to a different house. Well anyway, I wished her well and she told me to pray for her. She has cancer and is going on herbal medications.

I was glad to have met them and even blessed that she still remembers me...

What's on my mind right now?









Its blank...I don't know why! I'm still waiting for a call...

No comments: