Saturday, July 08, 2006

Blown Away!

We went to Handuraw last night to watch his band’s gig. He kept on inviting us and we, Ian and I decided its about time to surprise him and eventually went to see his band play. Louise and Filden went with us. We first had dinner in Ayala and then off to Handuraw. It was so funny coz we were the first ones to arrive. We ate again...Their pizza is yummy. Then he arrived...my my... Am I glad to see his smiling face. It wasn’t a surprise after all because he already knew we were coming. Ian had to tell him coz we weren’t sure where their gig would be first because they had 2 gigs in a night...Wow, talk about in demand!

You see, in the past, I have this knack of getting involved with guys who are in a band. To be specific, lead guitar players. I don’t know, I just find them fascinating and maybe because I am a musician myself that I opt for guys who are also musically inclined. And so anyway, after several heartaches over guitarists, I swore them off. I remembered telling my friend Rhocela when we were walking in Ngee Ann Mall in Singapore, “Rhoce, I’ve had enough of guitar players! I’ll try not to get involved with one anymore!” And so now, I’m falling for a drummer...hehe...

But he does know how to play the guitar but his craft is basically drums...


And last night, I was literally BLOWN AWAY! I don’t know if it was me or the air conditioning, but I was actually shivering or shaking or whatever, when he hit the drums to start the song... He’s really good...As in very good at his craft. He’s got the talent, the skills and the ear for this. To think he doesn’t own a drumset. I mean, wow! I don’t usually talk about how impressed I am with a person’s talent when it comes to music but I cannot stop myself from bragging about his talent. I’m really proud to be his friend. He even introduced us to the drummer of Sheila and the Insects, Janus! I’m not so sure of his name, but this guy won an award for being one of the legendary drummers here in Cebu!

I remembered this song:

I’m so high I could hear heaven... – Nickelback, Hero


I was so high last night...That once again I fell...Fell so hard...

And here I am, I thought I’d be able to control this feeling but once again I’m overpowered. I don’t know what’s driving this sensation of longing...And to think I know it wouldn’t go anywhere since he doesn’t have a clue.

I hope I could:

Conjure up the will to tell you how I feel...

I hope I could go out every Friday just to watch them play. But I don’t have that freedom and the luxury...

Well the good thing is that we’ll be working full blow on our yearbook and we’re both on the committee, so I think I’ll still be seeing more of him.

Anyway, to Nikko:

You’re beautiful inside and out. Please believe that coz I do. For what its worth, no matter what other people say about you, you’re the most real and trustworthy person I’ve known in CallTek!


MUSIC:

If you have the chance, do listen to:

The Spirals, Idle and Coheed and Cambria

No comments: