Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I thought I would forget

At the end of the day
My face lights up
As I leave with the people that I felt safe with
I then contemplate on my day
And on those moments I laughed and joked around
I was not thinking of you
I was not even thinking even when my mind went blank
When the gush of wind blew my unruly hair
When the ride drove me to safety
And then just thinking that I was successful
In forgetting you for a day
I then laughed to myself
Here I go again
Like a merry-go-round
Admitting that I was not thinking
But actually you just crossed my mind
It was just that I was not aware
And it led me back to the beginning of things
You. The problem, your heartache, my pain.
The conversation, my laughter, your jokes.
Our stories.
And I remember always.
When there were just the two of us
And all that mattered are the words we've spoken
The songs we've sang
And the time we've spent
Holding to each other's strength
To keep ourselves sane.
I do remember. Always. I won't forget.
Even if its not meant to be...
YOu and me..

No comments: