Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Walking@Dawn

As you all know, my shift this August would start at 4am. And I normally wake up around 2:45am to prepare even if I live across the street in an shabby boarding house. I'm quite fortunate that even it was a last minute call, my batchmates Claire and Marge took me in and allowed me to stay with them. But still, I go home everyday, eat dinner at home and take the long drive from my place to Lahug.


And at exactly 3:30 am, I decend the short flight of stairs to venture the almost empty streets of JY Square. The slight breeze of the wind caress my cheeks as I enjoy the brief moment of peace and solitude I feel. Weird isn't it, just barely dawn and I enjoy the walk. I am totally alone, a short 3 minute walk to the office. And that my friends, would make my day complete...


On the other hand, an email almost made me cry this morning...It made me realize how blessed I am, how rich I am, how much I have compared to the rest who doesn't have my life...I'll share to you the contents next time...



And so it began with the comment...
It always does...
And at the end of the day,
He still leaves me hanging, confused
but wanting more
wanting to know more
wanting to experience more
Danger is his name
Am I ready for it?

No comments: