Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Philosopher's Note

"This actual world of what is knowable, in which we are and which is in us, remains both the material and the limit of our consideration." - Arthur Schopenhauer





I rode on the jeepney yesterday and the rain was pouring. Good thing I have this very reliable black umbrella that you just press a button and it opens up and when you press it while its open, its going to automatically close out.


And so anyway, when I was on my way home, I sat beside this old lady and she smiled at me. We talked about the rain because we were the only ones there. She doesn't have an umbrella and she was alone. I told myself I'll get off wherever she gets off so that I could offer to share my umbrella with her...She was really old, like 70+.


Then it hit me, am I going to be like this when I'm old? Alone and unprepared during the rainy season. Isn't anybody going to accompany me when I wanted to attend the afternoon mass?


The thought is frightening and it keeps me thinking still...

But then I remembered Rhesa telling me...

"You're still 22. You have still have a lot of things ahead of you..."

Don't lose hope...

No comments: