Wednesday, August 16, 2006

You don't have to be...

I thought I had gotten over the mere fact that there could ever be a chance for him and me to be more than just what we are now. So far, the past few days since I have seen him, I was able to get him off my mind normally without putting too much effort into it. I was having fun at work, dragging myself to take a quick look at the best practice before taking the Level 1 exam, going out with my batchmates and laughing my heart out with Nico's snide remarks on Lana and vise-versa or just simply chatting with two of my best and most recent confidants: Canence aka Nancy and Claire. I'm even enjoying the attention that I'm getting from this guy who seems too good to be true. And I forgot... I have forgotten that I felt something, I forgot the longing for more than what I have, I have forgotten that he existed. Or so I thought...


And then last night, I received a message...


Of him finding the perfect girl at the perfect time but its just that the girl didn't think he was perfect enough to be her man...


If it were just a simple sad forwarded message then I would have either let it stay on my phone for a day or two and erase it to give space to those happy forwarded messages or simply erase it right away.


But coming from him, the message made sense. The message fits. And I'm back to thinking of him again. The diversion didn't seem to work because I'm not completely over...


And then I got this urge to make a statement, a reply of some sorts...


YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT...THE WORLD LOVES YOU THE WAY YOU ARE INCLUDING ALL YOUR IMPERFECTIONS...


If I was brave enough I would have told him that face to face. I would have let him know how much I appreciate him being my friend and all that he is to me. I would have let him know that he doesn't have to change for that girl or for anybody else for that matter but if he wishes to change for the better then he should do it for himself.


But he is wiser than me. He even tries to analyze my actions, reactions and judgements and before, when we used to talk, we'd converse for hours just discussing our attitude and our experiences. And I believe he doesn't need to know that HE DOESN'T HAVE TO BE... ANYTHING ELSE BUT HIMSELF....

No comments: