Saturday, October 07, 2006

Welcome home Ping!

My cousin arrived from the states last Wednesday together with her Mexican friend: Maricela. I had to work that day so I just met her last Thursday instead. The first two things she noticed, my still being a bit chubby and my hair, saying I looked like Mufasa. I just laughed it out since I got used to people teasing me of being chubby or to put it in a very honest way, F A T! And with regards to my hair, its true that it really looks bad, curly and fried! I didn't actually put on conditioner that day so its a bit dry. Anyway, why am I telling you this? Well I don't exactly know for sure but writing about it makes me feel a whole lot better.


Anyways, the party last night was a blast. Actually it was just dinner with family and friends. I invited Louise, Ian and Karl over so that we can talk about the upcoming outing. We ended up staying in the den watching the soap that actually ends yesterday. Everybody's so glued on the T.V. that even our new found friend Maricela has to go through the drama. She's cool actually, very talkative and playful. She's older than me coz she's 24 but she's a year younger than my cousin. She calls my cousin "the little one" since she's the smallest in their group. That night I realized that I didn't have a night life if it weren't for Ping, yeah that's what I call her. We grew up together and she has been my "LAAG" buddy then coz its only with her that my mom would let me go to disco's and bars.



And so after the party, we did go to PAD5 to do karoake. Maricela said they don't do karaoke in Reno so that would explain why she doens't sing and she said she listens to mexican/latino songs. But hopefully she enjoyed her chocolate flavored smirnoff. YUM! She picked a cocktail for me and guess what she picked out...of all the cocktail drinks it had to be: BEFORE SEX cocktail. We (including me) were kinda curious what it tastes like and why it was named as such... Well it was okay, different from a margarita because it has a certain taste I could not describe coz for one I'm not so familiar with cocktail drinks and two, I'm not such a frequent drinker.


On our ride back home at around 3+ am in the morning, while hitching a ride from Jeri's(our neighbor and close friend) boyfriend Roy, we almost hit a man lying on the middle of the road when we were driving by V.Rama road. Roy's speed was quite fast coz it was late and we were the only one's on the road. Good thing though Roy has very fast reflexes and has presence of mind that time and he was able to slow down in time for the guy to get up and wave at us. Jeri thought the guy's going to throw a stone at the wind sheild. We were shocked but Roy remained calm and collected saying he often get into that kind of situation and if the guy had attempted to throw a stone at us or done something stupid, he would without second thoughts slam the gas and hit the guy with the car.

The rest of the ride home, this saying keeps on popping inside my mind, its not the exact line but here goes:

you will know when you really miss the person not when you are alone but when even if you are having fun with family and friends, you find yourself thinking of him.


so this ends my article for today...I missed my cousin and I'm more than glad that she's home. She's been out of the country for so long... But I also miss that one person...maybe he knows its him...who knows...

No comments: