Thursday, August 28, 2003

When I fall in love I take my time
There's no need to hurry
when I'm making up my mind


Took these lyrics from the song “The Remedy” by Jason Mraz… It kinda has an effect on most of people’s love situation right now. I have to admit that I can’t help thinking about things, which are so impossible to happen. Anyway, I know most of you are so sick of reading love stuff and it might be boring you by now but this is the only way we, the SI’s (super inspired), could express how we feel through writing or through our individual web sites. Well okay, today we’ll talk about other things…

The other day I visited my neighbor to get my pedicure and manicure. We were chatting coz you know, most manicurist have lots of vital information to share… So while we were talking, our other neighbors were screaming their heads off fighting over something I know nothing of. Anyway, it sounded like they were going to kill each other coz they really sound angry and they were talking so loud and they were very vulgar. Good thing the rain poured down and ended their vicious argument. Am I really in the right neighborhood??? I know those of you who are fortunate enough to live in subdivisions won’t be experiencing this heart-breaking situation. I asked my manicurist if these fights happened before and guess what she said there never was a day that passed by that there weren’t any fights. She added that for them, it was nothing out of the ordinary. She just laughed at my astonished reaction. It seemed as if these people needed somewake up call or something…How could they let their children play in this kind of neighborhood? So aside from that, what really made me tick off a bit was that she commented on the kind of course I was taking. She told me how unfortunate it is that I did not go into nursing school… I was polite to say that I really didn’t intend to be a nurse and that it didn’t include my interests. You see, when I took the entrance test in USC and UP, I opted for the course Accountancy and fortunately passed in both exams landing in the top 50 slots. But then my aunt discouraged me to take up accountancy because she said most graduates were unemployed. And so I took my second choice, which was computer engineering in USC since if I wanted to go to UP, maybe I have to take another test since it is a quota course. My manicurist with all her sweet-talking seemed to come to a point wherein she was belittling these women who are not nurses. I was really this close to blowing my top. But then I kept my cool coz after all she was just telling me her opinion on the subject. Its just that nursing isn’t the only profession where in a person could be successful most especially in acquiring money for your family. And besides she would not understand that I do not want to be a nurse but I want to be a lawyer and both are two totally different things. Maybe I’m too ambitious but that’s who I want to become. Even my HT tried to talk me into shifting to nursing… What’s the big deal? Its not like I can’t do the things that guys can do. Well except for some “you know”. Anyway, girls what do you think? Don’t we have the right to be what ever we want to be? Are our families not going to be proud of us if we don’t become nurses but engineers instead? I maybe making this a big deal but it just is so tiring to hear people condemn me for not taking up nursing. Its so frustrating how they can’t understand that I’m just not born to be a nurse… So anyway, tag me your opinion on this matter coz I’m confused right now…

No comments: