Tuesday, April 08, 2003

WORTHLESS EFFORT

Lately, I have realized that most of the people I know tend to live very complicated lives. Even more complicated than my so-called life. I’ve always wondered how my life differs with that of a typical girl. Am I typical? Well in some ways, yes. It just confuses me why some people tend to prioritize things, which mean less and tend to waste their time making questions. This is too broad, right? Lately, someone close to me asked my advice and well really needed some counseling of some sort. In my utmost pity, I tried my very best to be patient and thought of so many reasonable answers to her unending interrogation that would ease her longing for realization. God knows how hard I tried to give her some wake up call, but in the end my good intentions were defeated. She gave in to her loss of control over the whole situation. My point is why does a person have to ask someone else’s advice or opinion of some sort if one has already made up one’s mind way before asking for some ideas? I really don’t see the logic in this. And the sad thing is, in the argument of LOVE, I extended to her that a person couldn’t love another if he/she doesn’t love himself/herself. I guess it’s a pretty clear message. I learned its worth because of my ex-boyfriend. I now realize that no matter how much I try to put some sense into her brilliant mind, no matter what comparison I make with my lonely yet happy love life, we still are two different people living totally different lives. And I cannot answer her problems for her. She should be the one to take a risk and make her choice.

LONELY BUT HAPPY

I have to admit that some times, I would ask myself if I’ll ever find the person who’s right for me. And I would end up feeling lonely and sad that I’d be in the verge of tears. But in spite of all of these insecurities, my friends (you know who you are) helped me realize that if you have no one who would let you feel secured, loved, cared for etc. doesn’t mean I cannot permit myself to let the tingles just flow in and experience it in a totally different situation. I am happy and contented to be who I am today. The most important thing is, in spite of all the bad experiences on relationships I had in the past, I am not closing my door to anyone who’s willing to accept the person that I am and I am just sitting here waiting for that right person to come along.

No comments: