Sunday, August 05, 2007

Fragmented thoughts: Friday I’m supposed to be in love!

I was supposed to blog last Friday night but my tired body and confused mind gave in to sleep and so I put it off till yesterday but then internet connection was down so this is so late but anyways.

So what exactly happened last Friday?

Morning Inspiration:

One of our CEO flew all the way from London for our office’s inauguration and most if not all of our senior executives were present the whole day. We had a townhall meeting at Marriott and for me it was more than a Q and A. It was the jumpstart of a good career in Accenture. It was a signal fire that opened my eyes to a whole lot of different opportunities. All of the senior executives admitted to having to go through being a programmer paving their way to achieving their position now. And the only common advice they gave us was:

*If you plan your career, do it in such a way that you think of long term goals.
*Stay in the company and you will achieve this.
*Have a positive attitude towards things and do your job well. You are empowered to do the best that you can because each good thing that you do will be noticed and will surely be rewarded!

These advices are quite broad in nature but it can be done. I am inspired to do great things by people who don’t even know me, by family, by friends, by enemies, by the majority of the poor Filipino people and by God. Although its too early to tell but then each programmer in Accenture has the same opportunity to become a senior executive in 3-5 years time!

Afternoon ranting:
A heart got broken into pieces by the last person she thinks could break it. Its an unfortunate sad moment of my life. Nope its not my heart but my friends heart. And for what? For a girl who threw herself at guys. These are the instances that make me fear diving into a relationship. Guys are easily tempted by girls who are aggressive. I know I should not generalize things, but there goes the same chauvinist attitude of guys. Boys will be boys… I remember one of my past guy friends saying: If a corn is thrown at a rooster, won’t it take it right away? Grab the opportunity. Its not everyday that this fine lass cuddles me to my hearts delight, I don’t even need to make my move! It happens to the best of relationships and it could happen to me. My devil tells me that all guys are the same; that they would just hurt and trample upon my kindness. But my angel disagrees, saying that I should not lose hope in people. That not all guys take the bait from bitchy girls. How could these people sleep at night knowing that they have hurt somebody?

And so instead of Friday being a love day, it was full of tears and angry hearts. Can somebody please give me the reason to hope or to cling on to something to continue hoping that good exists in people, that not all guys are pigs and that there is somebody who would have the courage to stick it up till the end and commit!

How would you heal a broken heart? Would it change the person in a good way or would it turn him/her into a different type of person? --- watch out for next the post!

No comments: