Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Just arrived home from our Christmas carol practice… It was a bit frustrating since there were only 4 of us girls and well, we kept on laughing and the guys most especially Manuel kept on making jokes. Anyway, by the end of the practice, we were hopeful because at least somehow we did improve, as a group that is. Anyway, Deanne??? Where did you go? Why man wala mo ni apas???

My head is throbbing a bit… Lack of sleep maybe…

I wanna share this article with you. Got this from the Philippine Daily Inquirer dated November 9, 2003


By: Ramon J. Farolan

Once upon a time in the kingdom of heaven, God was missing for six days. Michael the Archangel found Him on the seventh day, resting. He inquired of God, “Where have You been?” God with a deep sigh of satisfaction and pride pointed downwards through the clouds, “Look, Michael, look what I have made.”
The Archangel looked puzzled and said, “What is it?” “It’s a planet,” replied God, “and I’ve put life in it. I’m going to call it Earth, and it’s going to e a great place of balance.”
“Balance?” inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to different parts of the Earth. “Northern Europe will be a great place of opportunity and wealth, but cold and harsh. Southern Europe is going to be poor but sunny and pleasant. I’ve made lands abundant in water and while others are parched deserts. This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered with ice.”
Michael, impressed by God’s work, then pointing to a group of islands and asked, “What are these?
“Ah,” said God, “Those are the Philippine islands, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful beaches, rivers, mountains and forests. The people are going to be handsome, intelligent and humorous. They are going to be found traveling all over the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as bearers of peace and love.”
Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, “What about balance, Lord? You said there would be balance.”
And the Lord replied, “Wait until you see the idiots I put in the government.”

This article really is amusing. Sad but true…

Anyway, I have to say, this is day is one of the most amazing days I have lived. I mean the weather was perfect. I kept on laughing and well I was able to sing with my friends…

By the way, during our REED 40 class, one of my classmates happened to question our teacher:

If God wants only the good things to happen, then why does He allow people to experience pain?

For me, God didn’t just place us in a situation so that we would suffer. He gave us lots of choices, both advantageous and disadvantageous on our part. As far as I’m concerned, most choices are like this. Anyway, suffering is like the effect of a bad choice. And one of my classmates said that how could we learn if we haven’t experienced it. How would we feel happy if we haven’t experience pain? One cannot exist without the other.

What about you, what’s your opinion on this? Tag me…


No comments: