Friday, March 07, 2003

This was supposed to be my blog two days ago, but since my computer is at it, well here goes nothing…read on…

My day was quite fair. As usual, my energy was drained by the end of the day. Spent most of my free time either at the VOT or at the canteen. I attended mass this morning because its Ash Wednesday. Meaning, fasting and abstinence should be practiced. I wonder what I’d be abstaining….John bangka us with some donuts and together with Maia, Adrian and two other people I forgot the names, I laughed my heart out. Imagine, Adrian kept on telling Maia and me that girls have 3 mouths…Just think what the other two are. I really wasn’t expecting Adrian, the monk, to be that GREEN. He should hang-out with our Physics Lab teacher Mr. John Liwag. My classmates in could really relate to this especially Jeriel (hope I got the spelling right). Anyway, Nin, hope you won’t be offended by this coz its merely a keen observation.

Let’s talk about Lent. I have to admit; I’m really trying to be a practicing Catholic. If possible, I’d also practice fasting like eating only twice a day during Wednesdays and Fridays. I told my friend Mackie, to abstain from smoking and drinking. It turned out to be a challenge. Basically, we are challenge to overlook our bodily desires and try to nourish our souls with our acts of mercy. So anyway, like what the Dada told us this morning, we should not feel sad but instead rejoice. We should beautify our souls and contemplate on the life and works of Christ.

The SSC elections will be on Friday and I’m still not sure who to vote for president. Some of my batch mates asked me why I didn’t run as one of the councilors. Well, I want to get involved in school activities but in campus politics, not a chance. Campus politics in USC is quite dirty, even dirtier than mud. Imagine, two parties hold grudges against each other. Our teacher in History 17, Mr. James Uy, told us that Filipinos are politically immature. It holds true and its absolutely visible in our own campus. I’m quite disappointed because I used to think that students would think more deeply and would probably be more logical and reasonable in electing the officers for the student government. Well, it would be them not me who would regret in the end if they choose the wrong candidates.

I only caught a glimpse of my happy thought this morning. He was a coward today…Maia knows what I mean…

No comments: