Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Shallow waters

I complained the whole day because I had nothing to do. I was bored out of my wits, trying to study for the certification but nothing sinks in. I tried doing the non-delivery work and checking up on emails from clients to finish off all the tickets. I was done in 10 minutes. Which means I have to find ways to keep myself busy for the next 8 hours and 50 mins.

I walked around, chatted with long time friends who were transferred to a different workforce, catching up and just killing time. Joined a meeting for people engagement activities which was supposed to perk up my afternoon but my mind was still blank.

At 5 in the afternoon, my counterpart emailed me asking if I can finish off 3 designs in less than 2 weeks. OMG! He's chatting with wonder woman. But this was it...This was the break I was waiting for all day. Time difference really sucks, big time. But then again, being as workaholic as I am, I finished off the designs, sent it for review before I could develop it. OT days are here again...I know techy, nerdy stuff. Let's move along...

I got my book Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus back. It traveled all the way to and from the land down under. Cool huh? I usually don't mind lending my books to friends and bringing it with them to their travels. I find it sentimental and meaningful that even if I can't go to those places, my books were there...I'm gonna go back to reading it bit by bit every night. I probably could use the knowledge for future reference.

Yesterday was one of the turning points in my life. My feelings, qualms and heart aches are really petty and insensible. This I realized while listening to my new found sister pour out her problems to me. I can feel her pain, frustration and regret. And I sink deeper. Ashamed of the nights I cried praying. The worst part is, although I can feel her remorse, I can't think of any comforting and uplifting words to say. But I was grateful because she trusted me with her life's secrets. And I myself was able to vent out my frustrations without uttering the four letter word...my life is once again taking its melodramatic turn...

So although my reasons & feelings maybe petty but still they are human emotions and at that point where I broke down and cried, I was really crushed. It is but timely to leave all those behind, bury them deep into the earth and forget that I ever shed tears. I am now on back on solid ground ready to be taken by gravity to another dimension. *wink*

No comments: