Monday, September 14, 2009

Momentum-Killer

I got home early today because as I was typing away on the code that was brilliantly scripted in my brain, the power in the office went out! It was still 6:30 PM. As an obedient employee, since I got in at 8:30 AM I fixed my clock for me to go out at 7:00PM, I know 9 hours seemed too long all of a sudden. Although I turned on my pc back again, I couldn't think straight anymore. It was as if the logic that took me 10 minutes to figure out was wiped away. Darn! But I am grateful, I didn't get to stay in the office till 10PM on a Monday night.

Last 2 weeks ago I had to work from home coz guess what, I got the mumps. I was enjoying the arrangement up until Friday when my migraine begun to suck the life out of me. My fever was manageable however, I kept on vomiting everything that I ate and drank. So I had to be admitted to Chonghua to have fluids thru dextrose. For the first time in my entire life, I was an official patient - the H1N1 scare didn't count coz I was healthy as a horse then. Up until now, I still haven't gotten my appetite back. Everything is either too salty or too sweet. I'm worried coz my love for food is slowly disappearing. That when I finally had the chance to eat at Spice Fusion with college friends the weekend after I got better, the food with all its spices and marinade, was just OK for me. I waited so long to dine at Spice Fusion but to my dismay, it was just normal. Scary!

A lot of momentum-killers; aside from the freakin brownout, no budget, no time and awful people who thinks they know me better than I know myself. Sometimes I would imagine pulling their tongues out of their mouths before they could even dare to speak and twist it into a tight knot! That should keep them quiet while I try to plan my escape. But, I keep on hearing my friend Kate say to me: Van, be a lady till the end! So I smile and walk away.

Anyway, I am currently trying to look for French lessons online so that all those Saturdays of French lesson won't go to waste. I am still in love with the sound of the language. And my determination to master the language is back. I might someday write a song in French.

Gotta go listen to madamoiselle parle Francaise. Au Revior a bientot!

No comments: