Sunday, November 05, 2006

Who am I really?


Been having this identity crisis lately. I mean when I graduated from 6th grade I was really confident that I partly knew who I am already. I mean I don't question if I have the heart of a girl or a guy. Its pretty obvious that I'm not confused in that part of my identity. When I got to college I was more sure than ever of who I am because my faith was defined, it was tested and thus strengthened. The ultimate confusion that I have with myself is that the values on which I grew up with, the values which defines who I am seem to be shakey and questionable. It seems righteous and judgemental.

The real world frightened me due to the very fact that finally I was opening my eyes to the truth of humanity. What I discovered scared the hell out of me at the same time left me curious at the vast possibilities that lies ahead. Those of who are not that familiar with how my mind works would probably think of me as crazy...Crazy to question my own belief, my own values. But is it not the right thing to do? To question from time to time what we believe in?

So who am I really?
Or rather what am I?
What am I capable of?
What am I not capable of?
What do I believe in?

Can you see how lost I am right now?

I wonder if I'll ever be able to find ME...

image is from DeviantArt

No comments: