Monday, November 20, 2006

of books and music...

I have been blog hoppin' for several days now and what I've come to realize is that I am not alone in feeling confused...That there are so many others like me who seemed lost. But then I am finding comfort in books and songs and artists like Coldplay, Snow Patrol and The Fray. Music really relaxes my nerves and reading lets me forget things, takes me to different places. And besides Catherine Coulter's books are so fast paced that you can hardly put the book down. Maybe if I weren't answering phone calls and troubleshooting internet connections on different platforms, I'd like to be a crime investigator like Agent Sherlock.













My office mate JP and my best guy friend Doyle have been so generous to me feeding me my daily dose of alternative music. And I still have tons of books at home waiting for me to dust them off and turn the page.

I figured this is my sabbatical...if you're asking from which or from whom...well telling it here on my blog would defeat the purpose.

John you're right, he has his own life to live and I have mine. It may seem dragging at times but I do have a choice to let it be or do something to make it --let's just say-- more exciting and adventurous...

But I'm definitely through with getting drunk. It never happens and I end up getting allergies. I'll try Doyle's way of living...Straight Edge...Now what the heck is that?

From my ever reliable friend: Wikipedia...Here goes...

Straight Edge (sXe, SxE or "Edge") refers to a lifestyle, a personal commitment, a social movement, and a subculture that is closely associated with hardcore punk music. Straight edgers abstain from tobacco, alcohol, and recreational drugs. Additionally, many straight-edgers also abstain from medicinal drugs, promiscuity, and animal products.

Not that I'm into hardcore punk rock music entirely but its more like I'm going to adopt the lifestyle of straight edge...

But for the very reason of practicality I think I'll just have to start with doing away with tobacco (never will smoke), alcohol (try my best not to drink - even on parties) and any recreational drugs (hahaha as if!). I can't live without medicinal drugs because I have awful allergies that cause my sinuses to swell and there goes my sneezing and tear dropping moments again!

And as for the animal products, I eat whatever is provided for me so if my family's having meat, I should eat or else I'll starve. I don't usually eat in the office, I donate my food to the poor guys who have such appetite that one lunch box is not enough -- growing boys or rather men... And besides I love to eat meat. But if I were to choose my food, I would definitely go for chicken and tuna then bring on the vegies...

So in a month or so I'll see if I am able to live the straight edge way of life!

Well so much for food, it makes my stomach churn...TUNA SANDWICH...its going to be payday tomorrow...watch out!

I love life...
I live life and love it!


till then...chow!

No comments: