Monday, November 23, 2009

Guitar Monologue

I read this article in the November issue of Bite magazine and thought I'd make one for my Travis.

We met at her grandma's house, by the terrace where her uncle introduced me to her. You see I came from Thailand but I'm not Thai. I was discovered in a not so recent Asian tour by her namesake. The moment she saw me she hugged my huge body tight and run her fingers through my arm. From then on we had this connection that made us inseparable even if a lot of guys have come by to take her heart and break it. She pounds through me when she's angry and fiddles me when she's inspired. A lot of people loved the music I create but my loyalty sticks with my one and only rock princess. The only fingers that could satisfy the eargasmic music I can resonate are hers and hers alone.  I am hers and she is mine. We are one in music.


~Travis, Bastina's boyfriend~



So how was my weekend?  It was unexpected.  My plans of going jogging and losing a few calories didn't push through.  Apparently there was some emergency that woke me up around 5:21AM.  I wasn't able to go back to sleep because I kept visualizing Wonder Boi's cut finger.  I was late for the exam that I had to facilitate and we even had some technical issues because they didn't prepare the test ahead of time.  I should've gone ahead and printed those tests.  But anyways, the kids (college kids) were cool and I know they were thankful that it was a bit delayed, they still had time to cram.  I was once a crammer!  I should know.  Had lunch with my adopted sister Rona at Brother's Burger after I finished an iced dark mocha at Bo's.  I had a second helping of coffee when I met with Maje, my "classmate in college" as she continually implies on Rona when we met her at Fully Booked rummaging through piles of good read.  I must say, it would be utterly proud of me to even level myself with an aspiring doctor of Philosophy.  I had a good talk with her, catching up, ranting, getting a piece of her mind, giving a piece of mine, nodding and then finally a release of the once burdensome secret.  I was in a state of pure bliss.  We ended the afternoon promising that we would meet again.  I hope she would text me when she goes to Ayala after her class.  My day ended having dinner with my grade school friends.  We hanged out at Coffee bean before that and I ended up walking with Wonder Boi to the office to get Travis.  Strummed and sang again to my heart's content.  That walk made me discover something I shouldn't have.  It makes things complicated.  That night I received a call which makes things even more confusing.  I don't want to listen to my heart this time.  Not yet. I keep telling myself to be logical and realistic.  Hay...Sunday rolled and spent it with mom.  I won't be guilty anymore of not spending enough time with the parents.  We bonded over manipeddy, Jollibee and then Twilight after hearing mass.  I miss hanging out with her.  I promised to take her to New Moon on Friday with my Tita and my cousin Alyssa!

Next week's going to be madness!  Got 2 major events to organize and another upcoming audit.  But I'm once again pumped with adrenaline rush from that phone call...Darn I love hearing his voice...hahaha...Till next weekend!




No comments: