Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Best days...

Today was one of the best days of the week. Why?
  • I had coffee with Jasmine at Starbucks (yep I'm only 6 stickers away to my very first Starbucks planner). We talked and caught up with all the happenings while she's on her motherly duties to prince Ezri!  The weight I lifted last night weighed tons lighter as soon as I spurted out all my frustrations with work and non-work (if you know what I mean).  Once again she generously shared a piece of her mind on my not so trivial love issues. I just love talking to her and can't help but feel blessed to have such a friend.  I can't wait for our Friday lunch date!
  • Someone from my past whom I greatly missed tapped me in the shoulders this afternoon while waiting for my no cream iced coffee to be served.  I was so happy to see my old Philo professor Maje that I instantly hugged her and forgot that I haven't seen her in like 3 years? and she probably would be uncomfortable with me doing so.  But I was just so happy.  She contributed much to my sanity and writing and she practically doesn't have a clue that she made a major impact to how my life is going right now and how I make my decisions.  We'll be having coffee with Maia on Saturday...
  • Today I realized I am totally addicted to Tool specifically Maynard's voice.  I posted a link to this song in my facebook account but that was a cover in piano.  I am posting the original by Tool:



Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
Right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
And this is what they choose...

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And where there's one
they're bound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey.
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club.
And beat their brother, down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.

Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Cut it all right in two 
[x4]

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over life, over blood, over prayer,
overhead and light
Fight over love, over sun,
over another, Fight...

Angels on the sideline again.
Been soon long with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end.

Cut it all right in two 
[x3]
RIGHT IN TWO!

Right in two...




  • And lastly?  I now realized, the year is ending soon but the best is yet to come!

2 comments:

Eric said...

It's great that you enjoy Tool. I like how they create music. I consider it as a decrepit and macabre sort of music. I've listened to their music since college (and that's a long time ago already). What's nice about Tool is that they have never sold out to mainstream. If you noticed, there was about 4+ years before they came out with their latest album (10000 Wings).

Right now I'm listening to Chevelle but they are not as great musically compared to Tool. Although lyrically, they are near equals. Of course, there's also Deftones.

Vanessa said...

It is sad and sometimes I would think I am crazy that I am singing along but the more I listen to the melody, the more Maynard's words make sense. I tried playing the Right in Two and hmmm...so far my ears and fingers are satisfied...