Thursday, March 01, 2007

Goodbye Lauren, Welcome back Vanessa

I'm here in one of the cafe's near our house trying to get a hold of the list of my contributions for SSS but unfortunately their website: www.sss.gov.ph is not accessible so it would mean I'll have to try again tomorrow.

I finally resigned from my job... I'm not a call center agent anymore, thank God! I've had enough of phones, answering phones, getting pushed around by people I don't know and I can't even see. They seem to be pretty impressed that I can speak straight english considering I'm not in the states and I'm not American...

Well I'm trying to finish all the requirements for Accenture. I guess my career path is really in Manila, not in Cebu. After my second interview in EPSON, I didn't hear from them again. I was kinda hoping I won't get in...It seems scary to be deployed for a huge project involving embedded systems design and not being prepared. My review for C and the rest of what I was trying to accomplish like Flash and Php are put on hold since my computer's dead again. This time its the processor. This happened right after my brother installed iTunes! I tried to troubleshoot it myself but then my computer really died! :( I was even mortified when they told me that its the processor and that I had to change both my motherboard and my processor because Pentium 4 is already faced out! Fortunately I found a store still selling Pentium 4 processors. There's still life for my pc after all...

I'm back to my old self and better than ever. I'm ready to face another challenge in my life. I just felt sad leaving behind friends in CallTek. I have my batchmates, even if we were sent to different accounts but when we get together, we still have fun! My old team with Kate as my TL, my new team with Shine as my TL, not to mention my supervisor who was also my mentor and confidante, my friends from GTC and the breakfast club. I would really miss those crazy horror talks we have every morning over breakfast. But I'm also thankful that I'll be back to my old sleeping hours, I'll be able to see more of my family, well before I go to Manila that is...

And finally I'll be able to blog again. It has been so busy at the office lately that even if we have unlimited internet access, I can't write/type anything due to calls flooding in. And the last days of my stay there, they gave me a buddy to monitor and teach.

Well updates would have to end here because I don't want to spend too much on internet here at a cafe considering we are going to have broadband at home(finally!) as soon as my computers back!

so then people, welcome Vanessa back cause you'll be hearing much from her from now on!

chow!

No comments: