Monday, May 30, 2016

Indelible Memories

I was juggling nursing my youngest, cooking lunch and teaching my eldest her Kumon activity on verbs. While doing all that I tried to get a glimpse of what's on television, the movie Paper Towns. I didn't really get to see much of the movie or listen to all those wonderfully written dialog but towards the end I was able to zone in. You see I used to watch a lot of movies and read a lot of books. I used to get quotes from different authors and have that reflection on how it moves me and relate it to my own experiences. I still watch movies, like really watch movies when I get to have that date time with my husband who is equally interested (Thank God!). And when I have errands to run and I wait in queue for my turn I still carry a book to pass the time. But going back to the movie Paper Town, towards the end the protagonist mentioned INDELIBLE MEMORIES and said TAKE NOTICE, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. I noticed that he had such good friends. There are two actually. And although he had a typical high school, days were spent with such awesome experiences because he had both. Me? I had friends but not so close. Not to mention coming from an all girls high school which totally sucks by the way, it was full of intrigue and drama (to my demise). It wasn't all that bad, there were good days but insignificant ones. Now it dawned on me that I wish my daughter would have good friends growing up, especially in high school. I wish she will have genuine friendship that would last longer than her academic years. I wish that someone would go out of their way to fend for her when she is in need and would stand by her when she needs to make a major decision in life. I know we as parents won't always be there for her but if ever she will not have that kind of friendship, she always has me. Like mama was always there for me when I was growing up. I wonder how else I would make indelible memories with my kids? I am going back to work in 2 days which means I'll get to see them early in the morning and late at night. I hope I'll have the energy to play with them on the weekends. This is the time where I would say that my weekends would be sacred and solely for family. What should I be taking notice before its too late? My child's behavior? My husband's health? My father's health? My health? I wonder.

No comments: